Thursday, August 10, 2006

mad mel and the passion of the christ



Ohhh, I am so thrilled with this idea yet I seemed not to have enough time to write it down.

I suppose you have heard about the news. Well, I do not know whether you have or not. I am talking about Mel Gibson. Do you know him, I believe? He is a famous actor, starred in several good movies, for examples: ‘Braveheart’, ‘The Patriot’, ‘What Women Wants’, etc. Most of all, he has been an inspiration for many Christian people when he produced a talk-of-the-world motion picture, The Passion of The Christ. I had been told that that movie has made lots of people who did not believe in Christ in the first place, do believe in Him and become Christians.

Ok. What happened with this ‘noble’ man? Let’s see the following quotation:


Once inside the car, a source directly connected with the case says Gibson began banging himself against the seat. The report says Gibson told the deputy, "You mother f****r. I'm going to f*** you." The report also says "Gibson almost continually [sic] threatened me saying he 'owns Malibu' and will spend all of his money to 'get even' with me."

The report says Gibson then launched into a barrage of anti-Semitic statements: "F*****g Jews... The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." Gibson then asked the deputy, "Are you a Jew?"

The deputy became alarmed as Gibson's tirade escalated, and called ahead for a sergeant to meet them when they arrived at the station. When they arrived, a sergeant began videotaping Gibson, who noticed the camera and then said, "What the f*** do you think you're doing?"

A law enforcement source says Gibson then noticed another female sergeant and yelled, "What do you think you're looking at, sugar tits?"

Well, what’s your opinion over what Gibson did? I kind of want to yell at him, behave, Man! Behave! However, what makes me interested to talk about him and his case is this.
First of all, I do not really understand why most people took Gibson’s anti-semitic statement very seriously. I mean, he delivered the statement when he was drunk. Hey, I am not about to tell you that I agree with the sentence. But maybe he did not mean it. In this case, I agree with Dr. Phil’s opinion over Gibson’s behaviour. Second of all, I was a bit disappointed with him. Gibson, I mean. Like I have mentioned above, he had been a kind of an inspirational icon for Christian people because he bravely brought the real suffering of Jesus Christ before and during the crucifixion into a motion picture that could be enjoyed by people around the world. I do not know what is his motive to produce The Passion of The Christ and honestly, I do not really want to know, and I don’t want to judge him. Yet, now the movie is being claimed as Gibson’s tool to show the world how bad Jews were (and are) and how they deserve to be hated.


It is just pitiful how the movie has transformed from ‘a good thing’ to ‘an evil thing’ just because the producer said something that could be disapproved by particular society and unfortunately, unforgiven either.

I don’t care Gibson’s whatsoever motive behind the production of the movie. He is a public figure, he could play a hero in his movies, he is the producer of The Passion of The Christ, so what? He is just a man who naturally can do mistakes. And The Passion of The Christ? Hey, I don’t care whoever behind the scene, I just know that the movie has been a blessing for me. That’s enough.

Wednesday, 9 August 2006
10:14 pm

0 komentar ajah: